Connecting Apple CarPlay in Your Toyota
Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your car’s built-in display. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. Just connect your iPhone and go. Apple CarPlay is available in all 2019 and newer Toyota vehicles with the Entune 3.0 multimedia system.
Apple CarPlay takes over your vehicle’s audio multimedia system and features a variety of default Apple applications, like Maps, iMessage, Phone, Music, and more. The system also supports some of your other favorite apps on your iPhone. Apps developed by automobile manufacturers are also supported, so you can control more of your vehicle’s features without ever leaving Apple CarPlay. Your experience can be personalized by rearranging exactly how your apps appear.
Apple CarPlay features Siri voice control and is specially designed for driving scenarios working with your vehicle’s controls – knobs, buttons or touchscreen. And the apps themselves have been reimagined for the vehicle, so you can use them while your eyes stay on the road.
- Activate Apple CarPlay and Siri on your Apple iPhone.
- Connect your Apple iPhone to your Toyota USB port using a Lightning® connector. Make sure to use the USB port labeled "Data".
- Choose “Apple CarPlay” on the Toyota Entune™ 3.0 touchscreen.
- Press Menu > General > Apple CarPlay.
- Your Apple iPhone and Toyota are now connected via Apple CarPlay. Your Entune 3.0 multimedia display will now switch to Apple CarPlay when connected to your Apple iPhone through USB.
Watch the video below to learn how to connect to Apple CarPlay. For more information on your Toyota Entune 3.0 system, or how to pair your other devices with Bluetooth, please feel free to contact us to speak with a knowledgeable Cedric Theel Toyota team member.